Looking to switch up your morning breakfast routine or have a refreshing drink after a crisp woodland walk? We’ve chosen three of our favourite nourishing smoothie recipes, each with an Autumnal twist.
Vanilla Spiced Smoothie
• 1 1/2 Bananas, frozen
• 1 tsp Ginger, fresh
• 1/2 cup Oats, gluten free
• 1 tsp Cardamon, ground
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 Pinch Star anise, ground
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla, powder
• 1/3 cup Almonds
• 1 tablespoon of crushed almonds
• Sprinkling of cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until thick and creamy.
2. Add toppings.
Apple and Oat Smoothie
• 1 Apple
• 1 Banana
• 1 tsp goji berries, dried
• 2 tbsp oats
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 250ml almond milk
• Apple slices and goji berries
1. Wash and core the apple, cut into chunks and add to the blender with approx 1/3 of the milk.
2. Blend the apple into a puree.
3. Add banana, oats, chia seeds, goji berries, cinnamon, and the rest of the milk.
4. Blend again until smooth.
5. Pour into a glass and add the toppings!
Blueberry and Fig Smoothie Bowl
• 2 cups frozen organic mixed berries
• A good handful of kale
• ¼ to ½ cup of cold water
• Fresh figs
• 1/2 of fresh blueberries
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Blend together the smoothie ingredients (start with water on the bottom, then fresh greens and top with frozen fruit, this order will help your blender whip everything together faster and be easier on it).
2. Pour into your favourite bowl(s).
3. Top the smoothie with the ingredients listed above or your favourite variations.
Why not try re-creating one of these recipes this Autumn? Let us know by tagging us on Instagram! @collinsandhayes